How to Move, Live, and Work Abroad: Settling into Expat Life
Find out all the things you need to do within the first twelve months after moving to a brand new country!
Do you want to study, work, or retire in a new country?
Are you considering moving abroad in the near future?
Do you feel overwhelmed thinking about all the steps involved in moving to another country?
If you answered “YES!” to any of these questions, then this course is for you!
How to Move, Live and Work Abroad: Settling Into Expat Life is THE course you need to get settled into your new life in a foreign country! This in-depth course offers an actionable step-by-step walkthrough of all of the things you need to think about, prepare for, and complete within the first year after your move to a new country.
No matter where you are moving from and want to move to, you’ll come away from this course knowing exactly what you need to do to get set up comfortably in your new country and make a successful transition to your life abroad!
Please note that this is the second course in a 2-part series on moving abroad and settling in a new country. The first course in the series, “How to Move, Live, and Work Abroad: Start Your Expat Journey,” covers the steps you need to take before your moving date. This course is focused on everything you need to do in the first twelve months after moving to a new country.
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR
- Anyone interested in or considering the idea of moving to a new country – this course is not specific to any countries or reasons for moving, so people moving from and to anywhere for any reason will be able to get a ton of value out of it!
- Soon-to-be expats who are already making plans to move abroad – even if you are already in the middle of making your moving plans, join this course to make sure you don’t forget to add some important items to your to-do list after arriving in your new destination!
- Expats that have recently arrived in their new countries – if you are wondering how you are going to manage everything you have on your plate as a new resident abroad, watch this course to get some answers!
- Current expats looking to move to another country – it’s good to have a reference guide handy to keep you on track even if you have been through the painful and challenging process of moving abroad before!
COURSE STRUCTURE & CONTENT
This course is separated into two main sections, Within 3 Months After the Move and Within 1 Year After the Move, so that you can refer to the information you need exactly when you need it. Ideally, you will want to make sure to complete the tasks in the first section within the first 3 months of your arrival in your new country and then tackle the tasks in the second section over the following 9-12 months.
After completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Discover great long-term housing options and know what to look out for when renting and purchasing property abroad
- Find a great local bank for foreigners in your new country and be able to open an account there
- Sign contracts for long-term Internet and mobile plans with confidence
- Understand the differences between public and private healthcare systems and decide which insurance plans to purchase
- Become fluent in a new language with several new study skills and tools
- Make deep friendships with locals and other expats in your new destination
- Take control of your international tax situation, especially as an American citizen
- Navigate challenging experiences of culture shock so that they won’t keep you from enjoying your life abroad