Porto Expat Tour
Discover what it’s really like to live as an expat or digital nomad in Porto!
Consulting Service Overview
Are you thinking about moving to Porto in the near future? Did you recently move to Porto and want to feel settled in the city?
If you answered yes to either of these questions, then this is the tour for you!
The goal of this tour is to help you understand what your life will actually be like in Porto as an expat or digital nomad, so it will be very different from your typical sightseeing tours.
During this 2.5-hour tour, Expat Empire founder David McNeill will walk you through some of the most popular expat neighborhoods in Porto so you can get a feel for the areas that you would be most likely to be interested in living in. He’ll point out important landmarks and locations along the way to help you get oriented.
You can take a break at a local cafe midway through the walk to enjoy a free coffee, tea, water, or soda and ask any questions you have about the city or country to David. He will answer all your questions about moving to Portugal and living in Porto while sharing valuable insights and guidance to help you avoid the challenges that come with getting settled in the country!
After the tour, David will send you:
- Recommendations on what to do while you’re in Porto
- A general map of the tour route
- An overview of the most popular neighborhoods in Porto
- Information on moving to and living in Portugal
If you’re considering living in Portugal, you should book this tour today!
Some of the topics David can provide advice on during the tour include:
- Immigration routes to Portugal (D7 Visas, D2 Visas, Digital Nomad Visas, and more)
- Real estate market for rent and purchase
- Registering for the public healthcare system
- Health insurance
- Public transportation options
- Nightlife in Porto
- How to make friends in Porto
- Learning Portuguese
- Relocating your pets to Portugal
- Banking and opening bank accounts as a foreigner
- Cost of living in Portugal
… and anything else you want to know!
Reservations: Tours start at 10:00 am and end around 12:30 pm. If you require a different time or want to confirm our availability for a specific date, please get in touch before purchasing
Delivery Method: Shortly after completing your purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from WooCommerce containing the links to book your tour date and a questionnaire to fill out so we can get to know you better before your tour
Selected Client Review: “Moving to a new city (or just considering it) is daunting and talking to a knowledgeable expat who has lived there for years can make all the difference. David took us on a walk through Porto that gave us a much clearer picture of how different parts of Porto work and what life would be like there. We got to ask all our questions and received a lot of good advice in return. Highly recommended!” – Juraj
- The tour price includes a private guide, one free coffee/tea/water/soda per attendee at a cafe, and a post-tour email with more information about living and traveling in Porto. It does not include hotel pick-up or drop-off, alcoholic drinks, or food
- These are private tours and you only need to book one tour for your group of up to 4 people
- Please know that we may not be able to accommodate last-minute reservations, so it’s best to book your tour date as far in advance as possible. If you want to fill out the optional pre-tour questionnaire, you must submit it at least 3 business days before your tour date